* Rigid abdomen and generalised tenderness
* Pain lower abdomen
* CRP 250
What do you see? Perforated appendicitis? What is your diagnosis?
Diagnosis Perforated sigmoid diverticulitis (Hinchey 3 or 4, peritonitis)
> Mesenterial fatty infiltration, free air bubbled outside bowel lumen.
> Also subdiaphragmal free air and free fluid.
> Notice enlarged reactive lymph nodes and peritoneal thickening and enhancement, indicative of peritonitis.
> Patient was operated, free faeces was found in the abdomen.
Hinchey classification of acute diverticulitis:
* Stage 1a: phlegmon
* Stage 1b: diverticulitis with pericolic or mesenteric abscess
* Stage 2: diverticulitis with walled off pelvic abscess
* Stage 3: diverticulitis with generalised purulent peritonitis
* Stage 4: diverticulitis with generalised faecal peritonitis